I’ve found that the easiest way to stay focused on playing a game through to completion is to actually keep a list of those games where I’ve actually accomplished the task. So here for your viewing pleasure, and my potential focus, are the list of games that I’ve started and hopefully managed to complete in 2018. Most of these entries will have a qualifier of some sort. I generally don’t have time to 100% any particular game so I’ll list out if it’s something to that end or if it’s just completing the main story. This also allows me to list games that don’t really have an ending, like MMOs, but that I’d still like to call out as an accomplishment.
- Shadow Warrior 2 (PC)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
- Mario Odyssey (Switch)
- Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC)
- Monster Hunter World (PS4)
- Battlefront II (PC)
- MLB The Show 18 (PS4)
- Titanfall 2 (PC)
- God of War (PS4)
- Final Fantasy XV – Royal Edition (PC)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- Far Cry 5 (PC)
- Blazblu Cross Tag Battle (PS4)
- A lot more that I forgot to write down…
- Shadow Warrior 2 (PC) – Normal difficulty, 100% through story mode
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC) – Finished the three story arcs, unlocked Android 21
- Battlefront II (PC) – Single player main story and expansion story
- Titanfall 2 (PC) – Finished single player campaign
- Far Cry 5 (PC) – Finished main story with all missions complete.
- Wolfenstien: The New Order – Finished main story
The moral of the story here is that trying to game with five kids and a full time job can be… challenging.